Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh my aching back

Today I worked my tail off. I have not worked so hard in my life. I took another car load over. Than I attacked the bathroom. I spent a good two hours on my hands and knees in the bathroom trying to get the title clean. The old owners had just put new title down but there was grout everywhere. I had never seen a worse title job in my life. So I took some Simple Green and a scrub brush and scrubbed the floor till my arms burned and my back ached. Levi got into the bucket of Simple Green and was sucking on a sponge. I had to call poison control but they said that he should be fine. It was my first time calling poison control.
Than Jer got off work and Sherry my MIL came over and we all went to work on the staples and nails in the floor. We got the living room 100% done and one of the bed rooms. Jeremy worked really hard getting the tack strips off from the carpet. And he got one room done. I am going to go there tomorrow and see if I can get the rest of the staples out. I am not sure if I will be able to get the tack strips because Jer was having a hard time with them so we will see. We hope to have the floors ready to sand by Friday. So that mean I have a lot to do tomorrow. I also have a doctors app and a meet up and a BDay party tomorrow. I am so tired and sore all over tonight. I don't want to know how I am going to feel tomorrow.
Being a home owner is a lot, I mean a lot of work. I knew it was going to be work but I did not realized how tired and how sore I was going to be. I will be so glad when we are moved in and can take it easy. I will be so happy when the floors are done and I can stand back and say that we did them.
I really wish I would have taken a before picture of the bathroom. It looks so much better. It looks like a new bathroom. Before if you would have taken a shower in there you would have come out feeling dirtier than before and now you would not mind taking a shower in there. I still have to go once over the whole room but its so much better than it was.
We are still on the hunt for a fridge.

No comments:

 
The Madsens - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords