Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Park Day

Today started out as a good day. Levi and I went to the park with the moms group. It was cold and windy but Levi was having fun. Than we were standing around this above ground tunnel and talking and Levi and a few other children were playing in the tunnel. Than this women comes over and reaches in the tunnel and tells her daughter to get out of there cause that boys being a punk. She was calling Levi a punk!! Laura one of my friends was standing right there and heard her and said "excuse me if you have a problem why don't you talk to one of us instead of calling a child names" the woman than walked off all pissed off and talking to herself saying that Levi hit her child 4 times. We were all kind of stunned that a grown women, a mother non the less would resort to calling another child a bad name in front of other children. I was really hurt. I hate confrontational so of course I did and said nothing but as soon as I got in the car when we left I was crying (the pregnancy hormones of course). The worse part of the whole thing was the kids were playing fine in the tunnel, none of them were crying or even fussing, it was the mom that was freaking out. Levi was sitting in the opening trying to put back on his shoe and the girl was trying to get out. I don't know if Levi hit her cause none of us saw what was going on. I know my child is not perfect so he could have hit her, but that is no reason to call him a bad name. Punk is a really bad word in our house, just ask Jer. Levi is 2 sometimes children hit. That does not make it right, but 2 wrongs dont make a right.
Ok sorry about my rant. I just had to get it off my chest.

1 comment:

Mrs Mommy said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry! That is so completely uncalled for. You poor thing. You so don't need any help getting upset when your pregnant. Chalk her up to a bad person and know that Levi is 2. You are a great mom...

 
The Madsens - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords