Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kyle David Madsen

Wednesday night my mom came in from California at 10:30pm. Than we tried to get some sleep. Thursday morning we woke up and called the hospital at 7am to see if the had room for us. They said yes and to be there at 7:30. So we said a tearful good bye to Levi and off we went.
At 8:00 the doctor came in and broke my water. Than the nurse started the pitocin about 8:30. Than we just waited. About 12:00 the contractions got really bad so I asked for the epidural. By 12:30 I had the epidural in and it was working great. I was able to relax. At 1:30 the nursed checked my cervix for the first time since I fisrt got there and she said that I was at 9 cm and 100% effaced. So they started getting everything ready for the birth. At about 2:00 she checked me again and I was ready to go. I started pushing about 2:15. While I was pushing some called my doctor so he came running into the room and scared all of us and the nurse was like we are not ready for you. Someone had called him by mistake and told him to come down. So he left. I was still pushing the nurse that called the wrong doctor came into explain how it got mixed up. Than a nurse came in and relied she was in the wrong room and than left. Than the pediatric nurse came in to get things set up. So it was like grand central station while I had my legs up in the air trying to push. I thought it was kind of funny. So I pushed for about 45 minutes and than they called the doctor for real this time and he came down and two pushes later Kyle David Madsen was born at 2:53 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 11 oz, 21 inches long. There was a bunch of myconium in my water when it broke so the doctor had to suction his lungs and he needed a little bit of oxygen right a first but he was perfect. They cleaned him up and gave him to me and it felt so good to finally hold my baby. Jeremy got to cut the cord and it squirted blood all over him.
The hold birth was a wonderful experience. Both Kyle and I were doing so great that we came home Friday night and are now recovering in the comfort of our own home.
Levi is a wonderful big brother. He loves the baby. When we first got home we showed Levi Kyle and told him that he had cracked out of my tummy. Levi was the one that came up with the cracking thing when I was still pregnant. The thinks that my stomach is like a big egg. So anyways he wanted to see the crack. So I lifted up my shirt and showed him there was no baby in there any more and he saw the dark pregnancy line on my belly and jumps up and says I needed a Sponge Bob band aid for the owee. So he gets a band aid from the closet and puts it on my belly and kisses it all better. He did all of that all by himself. It was the sweetest thing for him to do.















3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures. You look really happy, so does Levi. Can't wait to hold Kyle for my self. Love you and good job.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world little Kyle, we can't wait to meet you!! Big CONGRATS to Mommy Daddy and Big Brother Levi, we're so excited for you all!!

Big Hugs from,
-Suzy, Alex, Bella n' Oz

Amor Inmortal said...

Besides all the commotion that went on you did awesome. You have the cutest little family now and finally complete :) So I think ;)

Warm Wishes From the McDonald Family!

 
The Madsens - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords