Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dads Visit


This weekend my Dad came to visit. It was so good to see him. He got here Saturday morning right before it started snowing. Jeremy, Levi and my Dad cut down 5 of the 8 trees in the yard that we are getting rid of. Than it snowed like crazy while we all took a nap.
When we woke up there was enough snow for a snow man so Dad, Levi and I went out to build a snow man. I did not have any gloves on and about 5 minutes out my hands were cold and I shook them to get the snow off and I felt my wedding ring fly off my finger. So I panic. My wedding ring is missing under 4 inches of snow. So I get the hose and my dad and I start melting the snow away with the water. About 10 minutes of that my did finds one part of the ring. It has two parts to it that interlock and they must of come apart. We we spend the next hour melting the snow looking for the other half. We froze out there with the snow pouring on us and dealing with the water. So we come inside to get to warm. My dad says we should get a metal detector and just return it when we are done. So Jer and him head out to Big 5 and pick up a metal detector. They got home just as it was starting to get dark. So they set the thing up and about 3 minutes out in the yard the find the ring!! I was so happy. It was about a foot away from where found the first half but it was hiding under some weeds and leaves. So we took the the metal dectector back and than went out to dinner.
Today we went to church and than my dad went home.
It was great to see my dad. We had a real nice time.


Dad holding Kyle for the first time






Jer cutting down a tree

Levi getting snow flakes with his tongue, chain saw in hand

Dad and Jer

Looking for the ring

We found it

Sammy took a liking to Grandpa

1 comment:

Derico Photography said...

LOL! Loving the picture of Levi with the chainsaw! I m so glad you found your ring! Hope all is going well over there. We really need to get together for a game night! You guys up for one this friday? As long as everyone is feeling good?

 
The Madsens - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords