Saturday, October 18, 2014

Powell3

Last weekend we went to lake Powell and I completed my first sprint Triathalon. We had a great trip. Lake Powell was breathtaking. The weather was perfect. 
The tri was HARD. Life got in my way of training how I should have so I was not as well prepared for it as I should have been. 
The swim went great. The water was perfect, about 75. I was 10th out of the water in all the women doing the sprint. Than we had to run 400 yards up the boat ramp. It was steep!! Our swim time did not stop till we got to the transition area at the top of the ramp. 

The bike started off good. 
A few miles in I knew I was in trouble. Since I was one of the first out of the water and I was on a mountain bike everyone started passing me and I got really discouraged. At mile 4 there was a HUGE hill!! It went up and on forever. It was getting really hot. Our wave was the last one so we did not start till almost 10am and it was getting really really hot. Before the race there was not water to fill up the water bottle on my bike so I filled it up with some Nunn hyradtion stuff they had and that stuff was so gross!!
After the bike I started the run. It was so hot!! The first half of the run was up hill. Not a really steep hill but it was up. I walked most of the way to the turn around point. I told myself that I would walk/jog to the turn around and than run the way back. 
I made it to the turn around. Drank 5 cups of water, ate a gu, poured water in my head and than sucked it up and ran all the way back to the finsh line. 


Once I crossed the finsh line I found Jeremy and cried on his shoulder for like 5 mintues. It was a very tuff and very emotional race. 
They did not have medals for us and my and Val the girl that did it with me were pissed caused we wanted a medal. They offered us a medal from 2 years go and we took it :) I needed my bling after that race. 
Here are some random pics from our trip and the race 






















No comments:

 
The Madsens - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords